My name is Lisa Cellini. I am a twenty-year resident of Horsham, a master's prepared public health nurse and a clean water advocate. In addition, I am a small business owner and the mother of three children.
I am running for Horsham Council because;
- Horsham Township residents have a right to clean, safe, drinking water and should not be paying a surcharge on their water bill to clean up the water contaminated by chemicals used on the Willow Grove Naval Air Base.
- Residents who drank public water in Horsham prior to 2016 should have access to free biomedical testing for per-fluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl chemicals in their body so they can work with their health care provider to maintain good health. I believe it is the responsibility of the State and Federal government to pay for this testing and I will work to hold them accountable .
- One of the strengths of Horsham Township is our network of preserved open space and walking trails. I believe we should have a more environmentally conscious approach to how we care for and protect our Township land. This includes being a leader in practices such as recycling and reducing single use plastic and not using harmful herbicides and pesticides. I will make sure park staff are trained in environmentally conscious ways of caring for our public lands.
- Horsham Township would benefit from enhancing the arts and culture scene, such as more diverse restaurants, a theater and art and music venues so more people will be interested in living and working and in Horsham. I will work with the zoning board and business community to promote these ideas.
- While our Township has thrived in recent years, our leadership has become insular and stagnant. New ideas, fresh faces and increased energy will invigorate our community. I believe that maintaining sound fiscal management with an enhanced vision for our future is the best path to take.
- In the spirit of open government I will strive to establish transparency in the hiring and awarding of contracts as well as the televised broadcasting of Council and board meetings..
- With belief in equal opportunity for persons of all cultural backgrounds, genders, races and religions, I will work to promote diversity in Township government hiring practices and board appointments. In lieu of state and federal protections I will also support an anti discriminatory-resolution aimed at protecting people who identify as lesbian, gay, transgender and queer.
- It is time to end one party rule in Horsham.